Rule #1 Small Change = BIG IMPACT!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Rule #3- Less REALLY CAN be more...

Particularly in terms of space. I always encourage people to make the most of what they have- especially their space.  I would much prefer to have a well-appointed small home, than an large one that feels empty.  Living in a small space takes creativity and I will admit that those little "350 square foot for a family of Four" vignettes at IKEA, freak me out a little too...but it COULD work if you are really close to your spouse and children! Really, really close.

I equate small space living to "multi-tasking", instead of rooms with one function (i.e. Breakfast Room, Sitting Room, Keeping Room) You may have a Kitchen that also incorporates a small office or desk area, a Play/Art/Craft area, and even Laundry.

The best investment to make your small space work for you is BUILT-INS- customized to fit your needs. Think beyond the kitchen and bathroom. I am talking about sofas with storage, custom closets or wardrobes, even play spaces that double as beds-anything is possible, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune. Built-in beds are my favorite, especially in shared kids rooms? Build them something like this and I just bet they will never complain about sharing a room! 

Pinned Image
room-galleries.myhomeideas.com
Pinned Image
latimes.com
Pinned Image
dwell
Pinned Image
meridianroad.blogspot
Pinned Image
houzz.com
Pinned Image
hgtv.com
Pinned Image
herlongarchitects.com

No comments:

Post a Comment